||Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development (SARUD)
|Overall Project Value(EUR)
||500 001 - 1 000 000
|Project Start – Project End
||October 15, 2015–October 14, 2018
Funding and Implementing Organizations
|Origin of Funding
|Implementing Organization / Consortium
• Hochschule fuer Wirtchaft und Umwelt Neurtingen-Geislingen (Germany)
• University of Hehenheim (Germany)
• Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW (Poland)
• Czech University of Life Sciences (Czech Republic)
• Landesanstalt fuer Entwicklung der Landwirtschaft (Germany)
• Russian State Agrarian University – Moscow Timiryaze-v Agricultural Academy (Russian Federation)
• Omsk State Agrarian University named after P.A. Stolypin (Russian Federation
• Michurinsk State Agrarian University (Russian Federation)
• Novosibirsk State Agrarian University (Russian Federation)
• Buryat State Academy of Agriculture, Ulan-Ude (Russian Federation)
• Samara State Agricultural Academy (Russian Federation)
• Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin (Russian Federation)
• Yaroslavl State Agricultural Academy (Russian Federation)
• Savropol State Agrarian University (Russian Federation)
• Association “Ecological Committee”, Omsk (Russian Federation)
• The Natioanl Association for Fruit Growers, Michurinsk (Russian Federation)
• People’s Khural of the Republic of Buryatia, Ulan-Ude (Russian Federation)
• JASSO TOUR Co LTD, Ulan-Ude (Russian Federation)
• Ministry of Agriculture of Russian Federation, Moscow (Russian Federation)
• S. Seifullin Kazakh Agro Technical University, Astana (Kazakhstan)
• A. Baitursynov Kostanay State University (Kazakhstan)
• SH. Ualikhanov Kokshetau State University (Kazakhstan)
• Association of Forestry and Wood Processing Organizations of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Zhasyl Orman” (Kazakhstan)
• Republican Public Association “Kazakhstan Farmers Union”, Astana (Kazakhstan)
• Department of Agriculture of Kostanay Region Akimat (Kazakhstan)
• Association of Farmers of Kostanay Region (Kazakhstan)
• Department of Agriculture in Akmola Region, Kokshetau (Kazakhstan)
• German Agrarian Centre (Kazakhstan)
• Ministry of Agriculture and Food of Omsk Region (Russian Federation)
• Tambov Region Administration of Agriculture (Russian Federation)
• Stolypin Centre of Regional Development (Russian Federation)
• Russian Committee for the UNESCO Program on Man and the Biosphere
• Corvinus University of Budapest (Hungary)
• Association for Promotion of Entrepreneurial Activity in Kostanay region (Kazakhstan)
|Contact / Team Leader / Project Team
||University of Hohenheim on behalf of national governments
Project Summary, Objectives and Results
SARUD reacts on the demand for practice oriented but formalised/accredited education that is of interest for both – fresh alumni with Bachelor degree and working professionals seeking to upgrade their skills. The project is focused on the development of a professional master program in sustainable agriculture and rural development at three Russian and three Kazakh agricultural universities. It also involves practice partners, e.g. the German Agricultural Centre in Kazakhstan, regional administrations, the UNESCO´s Man and the Biosphere Programme (MAB). SARUD fosters the inter-regional exchange and collaboration, as well as installs local working groups to insure the needs-oriented design of the study program. Furthermore, the project actively exploits the existing experience from former projects and establishes two national network platforms to create a knowledge base on sustainable agriculture and rural development, which is accessible for all agricultural faculties.
- To develop a professional master program in sustainable agriculture and rural development tailored to the demand of regions for professionals of public services, local administrations and private companies.
- To build up a knowledge and network platform on sustainable agriculture and integrative rural development aspects with international and regional case studies/examples.
- To strengthen the competences and inter-regional network of education faculties and facilities for conducting target-group specific trainings in the area of rural development.
||HE, VET (IVET & CVET)
|Components of the Education Process
||Examination, certification and accreditation, Institutional strengthening & capacity building, Mobility and international exchange, Quality assurance, Social Partnership, Standards and curriculum development, Teaching and learning technologies (arrangements), Training of teachers / trainers
||Agriculture and Food Processing
||Employers and employer organisations, Learners (scholar, student, apprentice etc.), Lecturers, teachers, instructors, trainers
The project consists of 7 Workplans:
- Analysis on rural development and skills demand comprise following activities:
- Establishment of the local working groups,
- Development of situation analyses on rural development and job demands
- Establishment of new study programme and courses
- Capacity building of partner universities comprise specification and purchase of equipment and literature needs
- Practice orientation and stakeholder involvement comprise following activities:
- Specification of practical skills that need to be developed during studies
- Development of practical training and teaching formats
- Implementation of internships schemes
- Sustainable agricultural and rural development comprises following activities:
- Elaboration of the ideals for knowledge platform
- Concept development of the national network platforms
- Elaboration of the services (web contents, information, links)
- Organization of Network Conferences
- Study information and results dissemination through project websites, information events, etc.
- Quality control and monitoring
- Local working groups established.
- Situation analyses on rural development and job demands developed.
- Study programme elaborated.
- Courses and modules developed.
- Equipment and literature purchased.
- Equipment installed.
- Staff training and study trips to programme countries conducted.
- Practical training elements defined and developed.
- Stakeholder involvement institutionalised.
- Knowledge platform (+web) designed and accessible.
- Project website, partner websites, links created and maintained.
- Monitoring tools for project progress elaborated and implemented.
Links and Materials
|Link to project relevant data