|Project Title||Support to VET Reform in Tajikistan|
|Project Number||# 7551/7552|
|Overall Project Value(EUR)||500 001 - 1 000 000|
|Project Start – Project End||September 1, 2008–March 31, 2016|
Funding and Implementing Organizations
|Origin of Funding||GIZ (GTZ)|
|Implementing Organization / Consortium||
|Contact / Team Leader / Project Team||
Coordinator: Wolfgang Hellwig, E-mail: email@example.com
|Beneficiary||Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Labour and Social Protection|
Project Summary, Objectives and Results
To ensure Tajikistan‘s economic growth, employers are in need of well qualified workers. The current Vocational Education and Training (VET) system cannot satisfy the needs of the employers, neither in quality nor quantity. The demand of the labour market and the supply of manpower do not match.
Many workers are forced into migration, while on the other hand positions in Tajikistan remain vacant. There is no unified and as well flexible VET-system. The responsibilities are fragmented and not clearly defined.
Considering capacity problems of VET, the current system can only cater for a part of an age-group. The majority of school graduates still goes for Universities/Higher Education rather than VET. To strengthen the VET-system and to ensure quality and relevance of skills for the labour market, also the employers have to be involved in all aspects of VET.
4 main objectives:
– Government and economy conjointly create a coherent legislative and organisational framework for Initial and
– The quality of information services for the local and regional labour market as well as the access to these services is improved.
– Selected vocational institutions incorporate the demandoriented Initial VET and are able to contribute to employment and self-employment.
– An Adult VET that responds to the needs of economy is implemented and offers equal opportunities for men and women.
|Education Sector||VET (IVET & CVET)|
|Components of the Education Process||Education Policy Advice & Development, Examination, certification and accreditation, Quality assurance, Social Partnership, Standards and curriculum development, Training of teachers / trainers|
|Occupational Field||Agriculture and Food Processing, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Geology, Mining, Oil and Chemical Industries|
|Target Groups||Politicians/decision-makers in economics, labour, employment & education policy, Developers of standards, programs, curricula etc., Lecturers, teachers, instructors, trainers, Training providers (public and private)|
– Labour market analyses
– The government of Tajikistan establishes the National Advisory Board for VET as a coordinating and steering body for all VET-related issues.
Links and Materials
|Link to project relevant data|