|Project Title||Support to Public Finance Management in the Kyrgyz Republic|
|Overall Project Value(EUR)||500 001 - 1 000 000|
|Project Start – Project End||September 1, 2007–March 3, 2009|
Funding and Implementing Organizations
|Origin of Funding||European Union|
|Implementing Organization / Consortium||
|Contact / Team Leader / Project Team|
|Beneficiary||Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Labor & Social protection|
Project Summary, Objectives and Results
EC is providing assistance to Kyrgyzstan in the framework of EC Food Security Programme, with particular focus on budget support to the agricultural and social sectors. The purpose of this project is to provide technical assistance, training, and infrastructural support for three target agencies: the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA), the Ministry of Labour and Social Development (MoLSD, in charge of the TVET development).
– Consolidation and improvement of Medium Term Budget Framework (MTBF) process;
– Introduction of performance elements in the annual budget planning of MoA and MoLSD with a purpose of demonstrating;
– Introduction of modern costing techniques in the programs of the MoA that required improvements;
– Adoption of the Budget Information System (BIS) espoused by the MOF by the Budget Departments of two ministries.
|Education Sector||VET (IVET & CVET)|
|Components of the Education Process||Education Management, Education Policy Advice & Development, Institutional strengthening & capacity building|
|Occupational Field||Not applicable|
|Target Groups||Politicians/decision-makers in economics, labour, employment & education policy, Decision-makers and managers in VET and HE institutions|
– Improve the Medium Term Budget Framework (MTBF) submissions within the respective agencies; in particular, by developing clearly articulated goals and service outcomes, and by providing useful measures of agency service costs.
– Ministry programs clearly described on how they align with current social sector objectives;
Links and Materials
|Link to project relevant data|